ERTOS Course Description
NOTE: This is our IN-PERSON training option.
CPE/ECE Credits: 40
This course will teach students how to analyze, reverse, debug, and exploit embedded RTOS firmware. Hands-on experience with a variety of real-world devices, RTOS’s, and architectures equip students with the practical knowledge and skills necessary to be proficient in RTOS vulnerability analysis and exploitation.
Prerequisites Due to the nature of the material, we do expect students to already have experience with:
- basic overflows and ROP
- be comfortable in IDA’s user interface
- some prior knowledge of MIPS and ARM (a plus, but not required)
This course is a natural progression for students already familiar with embedded Linux/firmware exploitation. If you attended IoT Firmware Exploitation, then you meet the criteria!
- 5 days
- Basic introduction to the concept of Real Time Operating Systems
- Overview of MIPS architecture
- Analyzing and searching for vulnerabilities against your first target device
- Searching for stack overflows
- Exploiting RTOS overflows
- Learning how to not crash while exploiting LAN services from the WAN.
- Hardware and firmware analysis of your second target
- Learn how to identifying functions without a symbol table
- Debug without a debugger - all while writing stack overflows and exploits for the target device
- Take a look at parsing bugs, dynamic call path identification
- Use ROP to reprogram the RTOS kernel code on-the-fly
- Tackle low hanging crypto bugs and perform practical exploitation of WPS crypto bugs
- Apply your knowledge and analysis techniques against your third target device
- Augment IDA’s auto analysis.
Current Available Dates
- February 20 - 24, 2023
- April 17 - 21, 2023 *Max Capacity: 8*
- July 10 - 14, 2023 *Newly Posted, Max Capacity: 10*
- November 13 - 17, 2023 *Newly Posted, Max Capacity:10*
In-person training through April 30, 2023 will take place at TNS Headquarters located at 8825 Stanford Blvd, Suite 308, Columbia, MD 21045.
VENUE CHANGE (after May 1, 2023) - In-person training will take place at The Maryland Innovation Center located at 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046.
How Do I Enroll?
To enroll with a credit card, please select the date above and click submit. For all other forms of payment, please call +1 (443) 276-6990, or email us at [email protected].
Do you offer private, on-site training?
Yes, we do. On-site training dates are available for after May 1, 2023. To inquire about dates and pricing, please call +1 (443) 276–6990, or email us at [email protected].