HHW Course Description
NOTE: This is our IN-PERSON training option.
CPE/ECE Credits: 24
Taking the hard out of hardware hacking.
This is for people who want to actually understand what they’re doing!
Have you ever wanted to reverse engineer a piece of electronics, but didn’t know where to begin? Do you lack the knowledge to troubleshoot hardware hacking problems? Did your Internet resources lack the “how to” hands-on instruction?
Wouldn’t it be nice if someone could take you by the hand and elevate your hardware reverse engineering knowledge from zero to hero in a logical, well organized manner?
Well the search is over because we have developed a new hardware reverse engineering course to do just that!
From using basic hardware debugging tools, to PCB reverse engineering, to circuit and signals analysis, this course will take you from “zero to hero” and equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to approach the challenges of hardware reverse engineering with confidence.
- 3 days
Course Topics Fundamental Embedded Hardware Concepts
- Basic electronics and circuit analysis
- Analog/digital communications
- Common inter-component protocols
First Look: Non-Invasive Hardware Reverse Engineering
- Component identification
- Tracking PCB traces
- Re-producing schematic and block diagrams
Bus Sniffing and Interface Analysis
- Spying on communications protocols
- Decoding and deciphering captured bits
- Identifying and extracting important data
Soldering and Desoldering
- Soldering and desoldering basics
- Component removal and replacement
- Dealing with surface mount components
What To Do When It All Goes Wrong
- Intermediate-level electronics and circuit analysis
- Understanding your tools and their effects on the circuit
- Understanding the circuit and its effect on your tools
Current Available Dates
- January 24 - 26, 2023
- March 7 - 9, 2023
- April 11 - 13, 2023 *Newly Posted, Max Capacity: 8*
- September 5 - 7, 2023 *Newly Posted, Max Capacity: 10*
In-person training through April 30, 2023 will take place at TNS Headquarters located at 8825 Stanford Blvd, Suite 308, Columbia, MD 21045.
VENUE CHANGE (after May 1, 2023) - In-person training will take place at The Maryland Innovation Center located at 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046.
How Do I Enroll?
To enroll with a credit card, please select the date above and click submit. For all other forms of payment, please call +1 (443) 276-6990, or email us at [email protected].
Do you offer private, on-site training?
Yes, we do. On-site training dates are available for after May 1, 2023. To inquire about dates and pricing, please call +1 (443) 276–6990, or email us at [email protected].